Meatball Noodle Bowl made by Wheatfreemom
This meatball noodle bowl is a great way to get a protein and veggie-packed lunch in no time at all. We love that the combination of lime wedges, fresh herbs, and chile peppers results in a meal that’s brightly flavored while also being brightly colored.
To boost this meal out of the world a little bit, we might suggest making a simple vinaigrette. The easiest way to do this is to wait until you finish a jar of jam, and there is only a small amount left in the jar. To it, add a tablespoon or two of olive oil, and the same amount of your favorite vinegar. Shake it like crazy, and the resulting liquid will be a spectacular vinaigrette!
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Other types of lettuce will work perfectly fine, but romaine works best in terms of both flavor and texture.
- ½ package Natural Heaven spaghetti noodles
- Homemade meatballs
- Beef or pork will both work fine, simply choose whichever you prefer.
- Sliced green onions
- Slice red chile peppers
- Lime wedges
- Finely chopped cilantro and basil
- Gluten-free soy sauce
- Finely chopped pickled veggies
- First of all, we would recommend getting the spaghetti noodles out of the package and washing them. This is because, during packing and shipping, the noodles can get a little stuck together. To undo this, we would suggest using water to unstick them, and then allowing them to drain while you cook is that the final dish doesn’t include damp noodles.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven, according to how you normally bake meatballs. We would suggest doing this in advance of making the rest of this recipe, as making sure the meatballs are cold will improve the quality of the rest of the salad.
- Place the shredded romaine lettuce in a bowl, making sure to toss it a little so that the strands aren’t all facing in the same direction. Instead, they’ll be a little messy, which is more interesting both to look at and eat.
- Add the cooled meatballs to the bowl, as well as the noodles. Give the noodles themselves a final shake as you tip them into the bowl - this will ensure that they’re not stuck together. Add the pickled veggies here, too - your favorite brand or homemade will work perfectly fine.
- Spoon some of the pickle juice from the jar over everything in the bowl. Follow this with a generous splash of soy sauce, and wiggle everything in the bowl around a little. This will ensure that the ingredients in the bowl interact a little before they get onto your fork, which will be ideal for the final flavor of the dish.
- Add a few slices of chile pepper to the top of the bowl, since they’ll offer some bright color as well as a little heat when you bite into them. Along with them, add a lime wedge or two - the juice from these will lead to a wonderfully tasty noodle bowl!
- Finally, serve. This noodle bowl is perfect for any time of day, but ideal for a quick salad at lunch.