Breakfast — the most important meal of the day. We’ve all heard this time and again. But it’s also the time of the day when you have a lot to get done, so you want to make sure your breakfast packs a punch. A keto-friendly breakfast can offer some of the most delicious and nutritious options to start your day.
Ditch the same old carb-heavy breakfasts, and get ready for some filling, healthy, and tasty breakfast recipes to enjoy while on a keto diet. Here are five keto breakfast ideas that you can play around with to get you geared up for the week.
1. Avocado Smoothie Bowls
A smoothie bowl is an easy, convenient, and delicious way to get all your nutrients in.
Make this smoothie bowl with avocados, fresh or frozen strawberries or blueberries, coconut milk or almond milk, and seeds and nuts for garnish (optional).
- Cut and scoop out one avocado and add it to a blender with fresh or frozen berries.
- Add coconut milk or almond milk till you get your desired consistency, and blend.
- Garnish with coconut shavings, nuts, or seeds, and enjoy!
The neutral and fatty tasting avocado is a great source of omega acids that are known to help brain functioning!
2. Chia Seed Pudding
Love your sweet breakfasts? How about a pudding that you can make the day before for a hassle-free morning?
You’ll need chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup/other artificial sweetener, fresh fruit of your choice, and cacao nibs.
- Combine 5 tablespoons of chia seeds with one 14-ounce can of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener, and mix well.
- Leave it overnight to thicken.
- Add fresh fruits and cacao nibs as toppings.
Did you know that chia seeds are mostly all fiber? This means this pudding will keep you full for longer!
3. Turnip Hash Skillet
Here’s a healthier spin on potato-based hash browns.
Switch out the potatoes for turnips and add leeks, butter, salt, thyme, and grated cheese.
- Boil one pound diced turnips in a pot of salted water for 3 minutes.
- Sauté the leeks in a pan with butter.
- Add the boiled turnips into the pan with pepper, salt, and thyme, and let it crisp up for 8 minutes.
- Grate cheese over the pan and let it melt.
Turnips are a great low-carb alternative for potatoes and are full of fiber and vitamin C.
4. Breakfast Parfaits
This toothsome breakfast will leave you wanting more! Use Natural Heaven’s green banana Bantastic Brownie Crisps as the cookie base for this dish. It’s keto-friendly and made with high-fiber green banana flour with no added sugars!
You’ll need cream cheese, stewed berries, and Natural Heaven Bantastic Brownie Crisps.
- Layer a mason jar with cream cheese and stewed berries.
- Crumble the Natural Heaven Bantastic Brownie Crisps on top.
- Repeat the layers until the jar is full.
This meal is full of good fats, antioxidants, and delicious chocolate!
5. Lasagna Breakfast Casserole
If you want a savory and filling breakfast, this is it.
Make it with mushrooms, spinach, turnips, Natural Heaven lasagna, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook one box of button mushrooms with 2 handfuls of spinach and 2 large turnips in a skillet with salt, pepper, butter, and paprika.
- Once cooked, layer a baking dish with the veggies and ready-to-eat Natural Heaven Lasagna sheets until the dish is full.
- Sprinkle some cheese and bake until bubbly.
Natural Heaven’s gluten free pasta is made from hearts of palm, which makes for a great low carb recipe.
Whether it’s Natural Heaven lasagna sheets or Bantastic Brownie Crisps, we make gluten-free and keto-friendly products that are delicious and satisfying. Made with the goodness of hearts of palm, there’s nothing like it on the market!