This simple salad with tasty pistachios on top is a great way to avoid carbs, eat healthily, and eat tasty food, too. We can’t recommend this simple salad enough, since it’s so filling and interesting. It would be wonderful to eat at any time of day, though there’s something special about having it as a light lunch.
If you wanted to make a quick swap in this recipe and find something else that might be really tasty, we would suggest altering the nuts that you use. Ideally, use unsalted, roasted pistachios for this recipe for the best flavor, but roasted, unsalted almonds or cashews would likely give a great flavor too. The only one that we might suggest you avoid is the walnut, as that has quite a bitter taste which wouldn’t match up well with other ingredients in this dish.
- 3 cups Natural Heaven Angel Hair pasta, mixed in equal quantities with shredded carrot
- 2 cups Asian salad dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pistachio
- 1 cup microgreens
- Salt and pepper
- The first thing to do in this recipe is to prepare the carrot and mix it with the noodles themselves. The idea is quite simple - by grating the carrot and using fine noodles, you’ll be able to easily make a combined set of unique noodles that have more of a nutritional value than noodles alone.
- We would mention that carrots are the only veg taht really work in this instance. While, for most recipes, you could substitute carrot with similar root veggies like parsnip, this is a recipe where only the sweetness of carrot will really work.
- When you’ve grated the carrot, combine it with the pasta, and toss them together. Then, immediately rinse and drain them well. This is done to ensure that no flavors from the packing process are left in your final meal, plus it’s simply quite fun to toss noodles under the faucet.
- Add the mixed noodles to a mixing bowl, and add the salad dressing to the top of it. You can stir this in or mix it with your hands, but we’d suggest tossing it. It’s a useful skill to learn, and this is a great recipe to use it for!
- Next, place the microgreen herbs on the bottom of the plate or bowl that you’re using. We’d suggest rinsing them before use, but that’s entirely up to you.
- The best microgreens to use for this recipe are the most flavorful ones that you can get your hands on. The ones that immediately spring to mind are rocket and basil.
- On top of the microgreens, place your noodles. We’d suggest portioning them out with tongs or chopsticks, as that will allow you to gently twist as you plate, creating a pretty tower rather than a messy plate. Of course, the final choice is yours.
- Top the entire meal with the pistachio - they will provide flavor, texture, and interesting colors to the bowl to provide you with a wonderfully unique meal that you’ll come back to again and again!