Light Mushroom an... Sep 16, 2023
Hearts of Palm Cr... Aug 24, 2022
Hearts of Palm Ch... Aug 23, 2022
- Hearts of Palm Crispy Fries
- Hearts of Palm Cheese Wallet
- Hearts of Palm Cannelloni Ricotta Spinach
- Hearts of Palm Sashimi
- Hearts of Palm Tartar with Avocado Mousse
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti with Milanese
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti Pomodoro
- Hearts of Palm Risotto Sun Dried Tomato Basil and Shrimp
January 25, 2022 Luiz Barbosa
Roasted red pepper one pot vegan pasta
We love the balance between fruity and creamy in this roasted pepper one-pot pasta - there’s no denying that this makes a wonderful weeknight dinner, thanks to the great flavor and the fact that it comes together so quickly.
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 heaped tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 cup roasted red pepper
- Handful chopped basil
- 2 handfuls kale
- 8 oz plant-based milk
- We like using oat milk since it has a really neutral flavor.
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package of Natural Heaven Angel Hair pasta
- This dish is a wonderfully straightforward example of what makes Italian-inspired food wonderful. Let’s get started by preparing the veggies. Peel and mince the garlic, and then finely slice the roasted red peppers. Chop the basil and kale into roughly equal-sized slices, they’ll deform a little in the pan when they’re exposed to heat. Finally, grate the parmesan cheese.
- First of all, add a tablespoon or so of extra virgin olive oil to the pan, and allow it to come to heat over a medium flame. The oil will be at temperature when it is very gently shimmering
- Add the garlic to the pan, and stir it around constantly. Allowing it to sit in one place for too long will lead to the garlic burning, which isn’t a great flavor.
- After the garlic has taken on a little color, add the tomato puree and roasted red pepper, along with a little salt and pepper. Toss them together in the pan, and ensure that they’re well mixed. By cooking the garlic first, you’ve created garlic oil in the pan, which is a wonderful way to spread flavor through your dish - you need only make sure everything is well mixed.
- Next, add the basil and kale to the pan, allowing them to sit for a few moments before you stir them in. They won’t take much cooking, as they can be eaten raw, but allowing them to sit in the garlic oil will lead to a wonderfully bright and tasty note in the final dish. Stir them through the dish quickly, ensuring that they’re well mixed.
- When the spinach has wilted, add the Natural Heaven Angel Hair pasta to the pan, and mix that into all of the other ingredients too - don’t forget the parmesan at this stage, mix it in with the pasta and everything else. The pasta is pre-cooked, so doesn’t need to be boiled. However, it does need to come to a temperature with the other ingredients. Place a lid on the pan, if you can, and allow the pasta to heat up. We suggest using this time to get some plates and cutlery ready or pour yourself a glass of wine.
- Finally, serve the pasta with the help of a great pair of tongs to twirl and place it onto plates. If you’ve got a little grated parmesan leftover, feel free to sprinkle it over the plates of pasta for a great look and an even better flavor!