Hearts of Palm Cr... Aug 24, 2022
Hearts of Palm Ch... Aug 23, 2022
Hearts of Palm Ca... Aug 22, 2022
- Hearts of Palm Crispy Fries
- Hearts of Palm Cheese Wallet
- Hearts of Palm Cannelloni Ricotta Spinach
- Hearts of Palm Sashimi
- Hearts of Palm Tartar with Avocado Mousse
- Spicy Hearts of Palm Noodle Soup with Shrimp
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti with Milanese
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti Pomodoro
- Hearts of Palm Mac & Cheese
- Hearts of Palm Risotto Sun Dried Tomato Basil and Shrimp
February 17, 2020 Luiz Barbosa
NATURAL HEAVEN ANGEL HAIR WITH FRESH MUSHROOM HAM & CREAM - By Chef Nicola
This wonderfully simple low-carb option is a tasty and indulgent meal, perfect for the end of a long day. The thick sauce is delightfully flavorful, thanks to the ham and mushrooms, and a light sprinkling of parmesan cheese will polish it off perfectly.
To boost this dish a little, we would recommend brewing some simple flavors into the cream that you’re using. This may seem a little odd, but it’s a great way to make sure that your meal will be wonderfully tasty! You could bring the cream to a bare simmer in a small pan, and add some whole cloves and bay leaves. These will release flavors into the cream that will be delicious in your final meal!
- 3 cups Natural Heaven angel hair pasta
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First of all, we suggest getting your angel hair pasta out of the packaging and rinsing it in a strainer. The reason for this is that the noodles can get a little stuck together during packaging, and it’s best to avoid that in your final dish.
- Leave the noodles to strain in the sink, and move on to making the sauce for your dish.
- Using a fairly large, high-sided pan, melt some butter with olive oil. Allow the butter to melt and the two to combine without the butter beginning to brown. That’s not a bad flavor, but it’s one we’d like to avoid here.
- Once the butter is melted, add the mushrooms and ham to the pan. They’ll sizzle as they hit the hot oil, and then start to cook as you stir them around the pan. Keep them under semi-constant motion, as that will allow for them to cook well without burning at the edges, or anything like that. As they fry, add a little salt and pepper - it’s better to season when food is hot, as it will dissolve and absorb the flavor compounds more easily.
- After cooking the ham and mushrooms for around ten minutes, add the heavy cream to the pan and mix everything together well. We would recommend adding the heavy cream separately from the other ingredients, as it will allow the sauce to come together a little before any more ingredients are added.
- Allow the sauce to thicken over low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken as water in the cream evaporates, being released as steam. When the sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon well, add the pasta.
- Shake the pasta in the strainer just before you add it in, as this will prevent the noodles from being stuck together as they come into contact with the hot sauce. Toss everything in the pan together well to ensure all the ingredients are well distributed, and then serve. Upon serving, top with a small amount of grated parmesan for maximum aesthetic and flavor appeal.