- Hearts of Palm Crispy Fries
- Hearts of Palm Cheese Wallet
- Hearts of Palm Cannelloni Ricotta Spinach
- Hearts of Palm Sashimi
- Hearts of Palm Tartar with Avocado Mousse
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti with Milanese
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti Pomodoro
- Hearts of Palm Risotto Sun Dried Tomato Basil and Shrimp
Bacon Fried Rice
This bacon fried rice is a tasty twist on more classic fried rice since it would work so well as a great breakfast option. We’d suggest trying this one out with a few dashes of hot sauce and a mug of coffee to really get your day started on the right foot.
- 1 egg, medium or large
- 1 pack Natural Heaven Rice
- Bacon, or ground pork
- 1 green onion
- 1 carrot, small
- 1 small potato
- Soy sauce
- ½ tbsp of any liquid seasoning, though we would suggest using chicken broth.
- First of all, we need to get through all of the prep work - this can sometimes be a frustrating element of cooking, but taking your time to be careful can make it mindful and quite enjoyable. With that in mind, chop the bacon, green onion, potato, and carrot into small pieces. Chop the potato and carrot into especially small pieces, as this will help them to cook efficiently later on in the recipe.
- To prevent cross-contamination, always chop the bacon (and any meat) on a separate board from your vegetables.
- Add some oil to your wok, and bring it to a medium-high temperature. The oil should be gently shimmering in the pan before you add anything to it - this is how you know when oil is hot.
- Add the chopped bacon and green onions to the pan, and stir regularly as they start to cook. Leaving them in one place for too long is liable to burn them, so always avoid that.
- Once the aroma from the green onions and bacon hits your nose, bring everything together into one spot in the wok. A little pile is the easiest way to do this.
- Pour a tablespoon of soy sauce on top of the little pile, and allow it to dribble down the inside and roll down the outside. After a few moments, stir the bacon and onion together with the soy sauce, mixing everything together well.
- Add the pack of Natural Heaven rice, and mix it well so that the oils and seasonings from the bacon and onion are well mixed with the rice.
- Add the small quantity of chicken stock to the pan, and mix everything together once more. This will make sure that the flavor-enhancing qualities of the stock are able to get all over the contents of your pan.
- Add the chopped potatoes and carrots into the wok. Saute them until they’re fully cooked - this shouldn’t take too long, thanks to how small you chopped the veggies at the start of cooking.
- While the veggies are cooking in your wok, we’d suggest making a sunny-side-up egg in another pan. While you can mix the egg into the rice and cook it that way as with a number of other fried rice recipes, serving the food with an egg on top is a great way to hammer home this dish as a breakfast meal.
- Finally, serve up and enjoy! Portion the fried rice onto the plate first, and then follow it with the fried egg.
Video Recipe: https://youtu.be/miRHmMpDKsw