KETO PASTA CARBONARA RECIPE by Keto Daily
While keto pasta might sound like a contradiction in terms, we assure you that it isn’t! This is because our Natural Heaven spaghetti is made with hearts of palm, and is perfect for pasta lovers that find themselves on a keto-based diet.
We recommend tracking down some really high-quality bacon for this recipe, as that’s where some of the best flavors in the dish come from. Your local butcher will likely have some great bacon that they’re especially proud of - ask for it, and they shall be only too happy to help you out!
- 2 packages Natural Heaven spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound uncured bacon
- 4 large, free-range eggs
- 1 ¼ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Firstly, we would suggest taking the spaghetti noodles out of the packaging and rinsing them in a spaghetti strainer. As they’re precooked, they can stick together a little during packaging and shipping. Tossing them under a cool tap tends to unstick them, which is ideal for cooking with.
- Prepare the ingredients in the recipe by first mincing four cloves of garlic, before shredding some parmesan cheese, and separating four eggs into two eggs combined with two egg yolks. Whisk these together to make them wholly homogenous, and then you’re good to go!
- In a large pan, cook the whole pound of uncured bacon. Take the bacon out of the pan after you’ve cooked it, and chop it into small pieces. Keep the bacon grease to one side - you’ll be using it later in the recipe. Feel free to leave a little in the pan, too, to cook with shortly.
- Saute the minced garlic in the large frying pan for around a minute. At this point, it should be pleasantly fragrant without burning at all. Take the garlic out of the pan, and turn the heat down a little.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cooked garlic, the bacon grease, the beaten eggs, and around half of the parmesan cheese. Add the pepper, salt, and parsley to that mixture, and then stir everything together quite roughly. It’s a good idea to be rough here, as this will ensure that all of the ingredients are mixed together properly.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan over medium heat, and then slowly pour the sauce from the mixing bowl into the pan while stirring continually. Do not stop stirring as you continue to cook the sauce and pasta together for around three to four minutes. During this time, the sauce will thicken slightly, leading to well-coated noodles in your final dish.
- Add the chopped bacon to the pan, as well as the remaining parmesan cheese. Stir everything together well, and then cook for an additional minute so that you can be sure the bacon is hot all the way through the dish. Remove from the heat, and then serve! Sprinkle a little additional grated parmesan on top of the dish as you serve it, as this will be a wonderful additional flavor.
Link for the Original post HERE
EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 Minutes
- 2 Packages Natural Heaven Spaghetti Noodles (18 Ounces Total)
- 1 Pound Uncured Bacon
- 4 Large Cage-Free Eggs
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Prepare your ingredients by mincing 4 cloves of fresh Garlic, finely shred Parmesan Cheese, and separate two eggs yolks and two complete eggs and then whisk the eggs and set these ingredients aside.
- In a Large Frying Pan fully cook 1 Pound of Uncured Bacon. Remove the Bacon and chop into small pieces. Reserve the Bacon Grease for later in the recipe. Also save whatever grease you cannot spoon out of the pan, by leaving it in the pan too.
- In a Large Pot boil 4 Cups of Water. Add the Heart of Palm Noodles, and cook for approximately 5 minutes, then strain the noodles from the water. Reserve about 1/2 Cup of the pasta water for later.
- Heat up the Large Frying Pan again over Medium-High Heat and Saute the Minced Garlic for about 1 minute (until fragrant). Remove the Garlic from the pan, and reduce the temperature to Medium.
- In a Mixing Bowl combine the Sauteed Garlic, 1 Tablespoon of Bacon Grease, the beaten Eggs, about half of the Parmesan Cheese, 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley, and about 1/2 Cup of the reserved Pasta Water, then stir the ingredients together very well.
- Add the strained Pasta to the Frying Pan over Medium Heat, and slowly pour in the sauce from the Mixing Bowl. Cook for about 3-4 Minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add in the chopped Bacon and the remaining Parmesan Cheese, and stir. Cook for about 1 additional minute, and remove from heat before serving.