Thai inspired noodle dish by Mad About Food
These Thai-inspired noodles are the perfect dish to throw together when you’re not really in the mood to stand over the stove for a long, long time making a complex dish. While good food takes time, you sometimes do need to take a step back and make an easy dinner.
We love that this dish makes use of chili and lime cashews to bring some texture to the plate as well as flavor - it’s a wonderful way to make an otherwise fairly simple dish utterly tasty and amazing! It’s only the same as many pasta bakes using croutons or crispy cheese to put a little flavor on the top of the dish. The difference here, though, is that the cashews have a powerful flavor!
Combining powerful flavors throughout this dish with the wonderful low carb noodles from Natural Heaven is a great way to make a filling, tasty, and, above all, moreish dinner in no time at all.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 package of Natural Heaven Angel Hair pasta
- 1 jar store-bought pad thai sauce
- Green onion
- Chili lime cashews
- First things first, let’s cook the chicken breast itself. You can either cook the chicken as a whole breast or slice it up into cubes and cook it that way - we prefer to go for the cube method.
- Simply dice the chicken breast into rough cubes or chunks, and then fry it with a little neutral oil over medium heat until it’s completely cooked through. As it cooks, make sure to season it to your liking. At a minimum, we’d suggest throwing a little salt and pepper over the chunks, as that will enhance the flavor of the chicken a little.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, we can move on to the next step! Add the package of Natural Heaven Angel Hair pasta to the pan, and mix it in with the olive oil and the chicken in the pan. This may hiss a little as you add it, since the noodles will be at room temperature, and the oil will be hot. However, mixing them a little will prevent the hiss from being too aggressive, which could lead to oil spitting.
- After you’ve mixed the noodles and the chicken together, pour the jar of pad thai sauce over the noodle mixture, and mix it in thoroughly. The best implement for this is tongs, as you’ll be able to create small holes between the noodles and, thereby, ensure the sauce penetrates deeper into the food.
- Simmer everything together in the pan for around four minutes. This should be long enough for everything to come to a good temperature for eating. After simmering, give the noodles and chicken a taste to ensure that they’re tasty. If you think that they could do with a little extra seasoning of one type or another, simply add it to the pan!
- Finally, serve the noodles. Add some chili lime cashews and some diced green onion to the top as a simple garnish, and dig in!