Hearts of Palm Cr... Aug 24, 2022
Hearts of Palm Ch... Aug 23, 2022
Hearts of Palm Ca... Aug 22, 2022
- Hearts of Palm Crispy Fries
- Hearts of Palm Cheese Wallet
- Hearts of Palm Cannelloni Ricotta Spinach
- Hearts of Palm Sashimi
- Hearts of Palm Tartar with Avocado Mousse
- Spicy Hearts of Palm Noodle Soup with Shrimp
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti with Milanese
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti Pomodoro
- Hearts of Palm Mac & Cheese
- Hearts of Palm Risotto Sun Dried Tomato Basil and Shrimp
May 23, 2019 Luiz Barbosa
Lasagna by Jackie’s Food Affair
This lasagna is a little different from some of the similar recipes that we host on this site, and that’s because this one makes use of both a meat sauce and a red sauce. This ensures that the low-carb delight is wonderfully moist no matter what, and will always have the bright, acidic, tomato taste that you expect from a top-notch lasagna.
A great tip for this recipe is to replace the two cups of mozzarella with one cup of mozzarella, and one cup of extra mature cheddar - this strikes a good balance between melting and flavor, leading to a wonderful meal.
- 2 boxes Natural Heaven lasagna sheets
- 1 large onion
- 1 point lean ground beef
- 24 ounces of jarred tomato sauce
- Spices for the meat mixture:
- Red chili flakes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Coconut oil spray, or a similar cooking spray
- First of all, we’d recommend laying out a damp tea towel on a work surface in your kitchen, and then separating the lasagna sheets from the pack, and lying them flat there. This will ensure that you don’t have any problems later on when you accidentally tear the sheets during the construction of the lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, or 400˚F.
- Now, let’s quickly make the meat mixture. To do this, spray some coconut oil spray into a skillet, and add the onion, garlic, and beef, followed by half the total volume of tomato sauce and the spices. Saute these ingredients together, being sure to mix them around the pan well as you cook them. This will lead to any flavors being well mixed into all the other ingredients, leading to a well-spiced final dish.
- Once your meat sauce is all made up, you can start to assemble the lasagna in the dish it will be baked in. Start off by spraying a little coconut oil on the bottom of the dish, and then add a layer of tomato sauce from the jar. Follow this with the pasta sheets, and then the meat sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella. Continue to layer in this order (cheeses, tomato, pasta, meat) until you run out of ingredients. Try to finish on a meat layer, but if you don’t then it doesn’t matter too much - your lasagna will taste wonderful all the same!
- Finish the lasagna with the last of your cheese and, finally, the parmesan cheese. Finishing with parmesan is a great idea as it will melt and brown very easily, leading to a crispy top ideal for a wonderful baked pasta.
- Tent some tinfoil over the top of the lasagna, and then bake it in the oven for ten minutes. Remove the foil after that point, and bake the lasagna for another ten to twenty minutes. This will be golden and crispy, without being too hard. Ensure that the whole dish is wonderfully piping hot all the way through, and then serve! If the dish needs a few more minutes to brown the cheese, then go for it - it will be perfectly fine with a little longer in the oven.
Recipe by Jackie’s Food Affair