These loaded nachos are a great way to get a warming hit of cheese, salt, and piquant peppers that is almost impossible to tear yourself away from. Something that we’re really proud of in this recipe is the use of taco seasoning - spice blends are a great way to streamline your cooking, and make sure that the balance of all your different flavors is perfect.
To switch up this dish a little, we would suggest substituting the pickled jalapeños for a different type of spicy or pickled option, from pickled cabbage to fresh, raw chili peppers. The range of flavors is vast, so your options are too!
- 2 packages of Natural Heaven Lasagna
- ½ onion, diced
- 1lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup sweet peppers, sliced
- Pickled jalapeños
- Fresh cilantro
- Coriander, depending upon where you’re from.
- Green onions
For the cheese sauce:
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- First of all, remove the Natural Heaven Lasagna noodles from their packaging, and lie them out on a dry paper towel. Cover the noodles with another paper towel, and then gently press across the surface to ensure that any excess moisture is absorbed into the paper towels.
- You may need to do this step several times over. The goal is to absorb as much moisture as possible, so don’t be afraid to discard damp paper towels and start again with dry ones.
- Next, we need to cook the lasagna noodles. Lie them out across a baking sheet, and drizzle a little olive oil over the top. In order to ensure that they cook evenly, brush olive oil across the surface of each sheet with a pastry brush.
- Place this baking sheet into an air fryer, and cook at 400˚F for eight minutes. Then, toss them, before finishing the cooking process by cooking for an additional 5-8 minutes. The goal is to have the noodles be delightfully crispy - so keep an eye out for that consistency.
- Brown the beef in a pan with taco seasoning and salt. Once it is mostly cooked, remove it from the heat - it will finish cooking as it stands, thanks to the residual heat.
- In a high-sided saucepan, melt the butter with the cream, and stir to combine. Then, add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and salt - mix everything together over low heat until the entire mixture is perfectly gooey and creamy.
- Drizzle the cheese sauce over the lasagna chips, and then top that combination with the beef and remaining ingredients. The order doesn’t matter too much, but we’d always suggest that you end with cheese, followed by fresh cilantro and green onions. The cheese will melt over the top of the dish, holding everything together and allowing you to get a great cheese pull moment. The cilantro and green onions will be a great pop of color for the top of the dish, too.
- Finally, dig in and enjoy!