- Hearts of Palm Crispy Fries
- Hearts of Palm Cheese Wallet
- Hearts of Palm Cannelloni Ricotta Spinach
- Hearts of Palm Sashimi
- Hearts of Palm Tartar with Avocado Mousse
- Spicy Hearts of Palm Noodle Soup with Shrimp
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti with Milanese
- Hearts of Palm Spaghetti Pomodoro
- Hearts of Palm Mac & Cheese
- Hearts of Palm Risotto Sun Dried Tomato Basil and Shrimp
Low Carb Jambalaya
It's easy to make, it's unique in taste, and it's loved by everyone around – it is Jambalaya for the day!
About the recipe:
This Cajun dish is a unique yet delicious blend of rice with shrimp, chicken, and vegetables and is loved by everyone around. Being a low complexity dish and catering to the low-calorie requirements, this is a must-try.
Here’s what you need:
- Two tablespoons of bacon grease or lard
- Two tablespoons butter
Three Italian spicy sausages; cut into bite sizes
- One cup chopped sweet onion
- One box of Natural Heaven Rice
- Two tablespoons garlic, chopped
- One cup of chopped celery
- One cup yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size
- Two tablespoons home mixed Creole seasoning
- One medium-size shrimp shelled and devein
- One cups (8 oz.) tomatoes puree; use one large tomato to puree in a food processor
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Two tablespoons of chives, chopped, for garnish
Here’s how to go about it:
Step # 1: Take a skillet and start off by heating bacon grease or lard and butter over a low to medium flame. Once done, add in the sausages and let them simmer till they are lightly brown.
Step # 2: Next up, add the rice, onion, and garlic and stir well. Let it simmer for five minutes till it reaches perfection!
Step # 3: Now, it is time to mix in celery, bell pepper, creole seasoning, and shrimp. Mix these well and let them simmer for a while.
Step # 4: Now, add off tomato puree, mix well, and let the dish cook for almost three minutes or until the shrimps are done well. Oh yes – we are almost there!
Step # 5: Taste before seasoning with salt and to end off, garnish with black pepper and chives. Time to enjoy!
Chef’s Tip of the Day:
With this dish being reasonably easy to make, there are some points that can make your Jambalaya more flavorful. Firstly, make sure you brown your sausages well – before mixing them in the mixture; do make sure that they are brown and crisp on the outside. Secondly, fresh herbs always level up the game. Add these in the last and let your Jambalaya have an amazing flavor.